1. Last night was Basket Night/Book Fair and it was a HUGE success! There was a great turn out and lots of my students were able to attend. My room moms are the best and created a Harry Potter basket for our classroom! We all donated a little something to it and our fantastic art teacher and librarian donated books 1-7 so it turned out to be a huge hit!
2. The author of Dragon Run, Pat Matthews, was also at our Book Fair to sign copies of his book. My teammate and I snagged a picture and signed copy before we had to announce the raffle winners for the baskets! All in all, a pretty great night!
3. Well I finally did it. I created a Facebook page for Teaching with a Touch of Twang! I would love for you to click the link below to become a fan and follow me on Facebook. There I will post things from my blog, ideas and giveaways from my blogging buddies, websites and other special giveaways!
4. I have also decided to join the Instagram craze! My username is... you guessed it - teachingwithatouchoftwang. What the Teacher Wants and Apples and ABC's have collaborated together and created #teachertalktuesday. Every Tuesday I (and many other amazing teachers) will post one picture from our school day. I have already started following some of my fellow blogging buddies and am already getting so many ideas for next year! If you already have Instagram leave your username in the comments section, I would love to follow you as well! Don't forget to link up by clicking the picture below.
5. This last one literally happened in the last hour of the school day. My media specialist came to me with an offer from Scholastic that we couldn't pass up. They are offering certain schools a chance to participate in a pilot program called QR Booktalks. They send you a box of not yet published books and your students have a short amount of time to read one and create a "book teaser trailer" by writing a short summary and recording a book teaser trailer on camera. We had to write a "pick us" letter and get it delivered by 3:00 PM today because there are three schools in the running and only two can participate. Fingers crossed that we get picked!
Don't forget to link up your ideas for May's Monthly Market: Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day, and the End of the Year and enter my 200 Follower Giveaway (open till May 5th). You have all month to add your ideas and check out what other people are doing as well!
Check out Doodlebugs Teaching and Teaching Maddeness and link up your week in review. Happy weekend y'all!