Image Map

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Five for Friday Flashback (on Saturday... again)

I apparently cannot seem to get these posts done on a Friday, haha!  Alas, I am again linking up with Kacey and Amanda on a Saturday as opposed to Friday.


 
This week was a little different than usual, and not just because it was our last full week of school.  On Monday and Tuesday I missed out of the work day to attend a Common Core Vocabulary and Text Complexity workshop with my teammates.  It was very informative and I really liked a lot of the ideas we got out of it for Vocabulary!  Will definitely be implementing and blogging about them later :o)  Also got to each lunch out with my ladies two days in a row, always a bonus!  I came home Tuesday night and this is what I find waiting in my mailbox.  Drum roll please...

1. My new planner from Erin Condren!
 
 
 
I apparently I have a thing for apples lately...  LOL.  I bought this bad boy for next year because I am going to need to be SUPER organized.  I saw a lot of other teacher who spoke very highly of theirs and I thought I would treat my self (and I'm so glad I did)!  You know you're a teacher when you can't wait to start writing in your planner for next year when this year hasn't even ended yet ;o)
 
2.  Last Tuesday I posted about my Summer Book Study!  You have until Tuesday, May 28th to place your vote of which one of these you would like to see/participate in!  I now have all three in my possession and I'm so excited no matter which one y'all choose!


3. Our huge 5th grade party was on Wednesday after school from 2:30-6:30!  I sadly do not have any pictures to share with you today because my room mom has my camera to develop some pictures.  I do have a picture of our awesome shirts though!  This year's theme was Medieval and since our school is Highlands Elementary, we decided to go with the Highlands Games.


They had soooo much fun!  We have four different stations that they visit.  The gaming station is in our cafeteria and we place all different gaming stations (wii, x-box connect, play stations, etc.) around the room and use projectors to make the big screens on the wall.  They LOVE this part! We also have a craft station and they paint their frames for their pictures we took.  The last station is the actual Highland Games, we had archery, walk the plank (thanks to my hubby), sling shots, and ye old snow cones, lol.

4. Did you know that you could rent videos from Wal-Mart and watch them on your computer?!  This might be old news to some and I know you can do it on Amazon as well but this could be very important to teachers as it was to my teammate on Thursday.  Thursday rolled around and we were watching the movies from our novels we just finished (my group = Westing Game, teammate's group = Hoot).  My teammate did not have Hoot and couldn't find it in Redbox so we did a mad scramble to figure out how to get it pronto!

We work near a Walmart so I told her to see if they had it and then go pick it up while an assistant watched her class.  While doing the search she found that she could rent Hoot on her computer and watch immediately.  Since our computers are hooked up to our TV's... Voila!  The kids got to watch Hoot right then and there and it only took us two minutes to get the video :o)  Great for last minute movie days!

5.  My new pencil sharpener is on its way!!!!  Everyone has been blogging and giving away this bad boy and I knew I just had to have one!  It should be here in one week!!!!!

That's my week in review!  Hope you had a fabulous week and congratulations to those of you already on summer!  Don't forget to visit Kacey and Amanda and link up with them (if you haven't already on FRIDAY, haha).



10 comments:

  1. I would love to do a book study on Teach Like a Pirate- I just bought it... I've only read a few pages, but I would love to wait and discuss it with others!!

    Kelly
    Koonce’s Korner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also started reading it and cannot out it down! If it's not chosen then we can chat it up together! Lol

      Sabra

      Delete
  2. I am totally up for a book study and I would love to see what Teach Like a Pirate is all about. I am going to check out the planner right now - I have never heard of that company but totally looks like something that will be up my alley! You will love your new pencil sharpener! I love that thing!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are totally going to LOVE your pencil sharpener! Just got one myself a few weeks ago and it is still the BEST BUY of the year!
    Have a great weekend!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked into getting myself a sharpener, but they don't ship to Canada! Boo! Ah well... I'll just have to survive with my noisy one!
    Susanna
    Whimsy Workshop 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't eating out always the BEST TREAT?? You will LOVE that pencil sharpener...it is THE BEST! I think I'm the only one without an EC planner, but I really don't think I need one. I need someone to do a post to convince me that I DO before taking the plunge!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of EC planners before I saw yours but I totally went and bought one yesterday! I blogged about it and mentioned you! Thank you so much for posting about it. I also ordered the Teach Like a Pirate book!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of EC planners before coming to your blog, but I was curious and visited her site and had to have one! I ordered one yesterday and wrote about it on my blog today and mentioned you. Thank you so much! I also just ordered Teach Like a Pirate!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of EC planners before I read your blog, but was curious, so I had to go check them out. I have one on it's way to me! I can't wait. I mentioned you on my blog. I also just ordered Teach Like a Pirate!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll love Teach Like a Pirate! I can't put it down! Can't wait to see your new EC planner!!!

      Sabra

      Delete