Image Map

Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's like classroom Christmas here!!! I got a new pencil sharpener!

I finally got my very own!!!  I am now the proud owner of the Quietest Pencil Sharpener!  I feel like I'm part of the cool kids club now, lol.  I have to admit that when I first saw these I thought, "That looks like a throwback, albeit a very cute throwback, pencil sharpener that we did away with years ago."  Well I was wrong!  It's still cute, but nothing like those old pencil sharpeners that attached to the wall.

This is very light weight and I just LOVE the retro look it has.  It can sit on your counter like in the picture, but it also comes with an attachment that locks it into place along the edge of the counter.  I haven't decided if I'm going to do that or not but I'm leaning more towards that.  I feel better knowing it is secure and kids won't drop it on the floor or knock it over and make a mess somehow.

One of the things that I loved more than anything else was how FAST it sharpened the pencils (new pencils even).  I didn't time it, but I feel safe in saying that it was under 20 seconds, maybe even 15!?  My electric pencil sharpeners take at least a minute if not more to sharpen a brand new pencil and in the mornings when seven kids need to sharpen one or more new pencils for the day it is a whole morning wasted.  Not only did it take forever but it never failed that they would sharpen it to a point and then the lead popped out or broke off right away! GRRRRR...  Not with this one though!  It's almost like it stops sharpening when it knows it's done :o)  You can hear a difference and know your pencil can be removed!  Look at how sharp that lead is and I wrote and wrote and wrote with it and it never broke and the lead didn't fall out immediately.  LOVE IT!


I will say that it did not come with any instructions in the box but they are on the Classroom Friendly Supplies website and very easy to follow! So be sure to check those out before it arrives :o)  All in all I love this new pencil sharpener and will be buying another one for our classroom!


Head on over to Classroom Friendly Supplies and get yours today!


4 comments:

  1. I love mine too! I bought one and then the school bought them for all of the teachers as well. One tip though...steer clear of sharpening colored pencils. It jams up the blades and you have to take them out to sharpen. I had to train and retrain my kids to keep their colored pencils out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabra,

    Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!! Someday when I grow up, I hope to have one of those fab sharpeners too.

    Thanks, too, for helping out my colleagues in Moore. Continue keeping them in prayer, please, as recovery will take a very loooong time.

    Jill in Oklahoma
    a-little-red-wagon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to have to purchase one of these. I have heard so much about them. Thanks for sharing.

    Foreman Teaches

    ReplyDelete