Image Map

Monday, July 23, 2012

Workin' It Out

One of my favorite all time things is Harry Potter!  What better way to get in wedding shape (when I all I want to do is veg and read on the couch eating Doritos) than working out with some of my favorite characters?  Thus we have the Harry Potter Workout:


Saw this on Pinterest (of course) but it didn't lead back to anybody's website, so if you know who originated it please let me know so I can give them credit and thank them!  I was nervous because I thought this would ruin the movie for me but it didn't, it was a lot of fun actually!  Hysterical and sad when they said Voldemort three times in under three minutes and I had to do 30 push ups... lol.  I did change this a little from the original to meet my needs and I also added in 10 calf raises every time someone said "Harry Potter."  You can also change it up or move around the exercises to the phrases that occur more often to benefit your wants.  Your call!

To give you a little fitness for your classroom, since you probably won't be able to get away with the HP Workout plan on rainy days, here is a website that I use with my kids when we can't go outside for recess: Adventure to Fitness.  I really love it and the kids are too funny when following along with the guide Mr. Marc.  He takes you on an interactive/physical mission to capture an evil mastermind, all the while your kids are working out and learning about new civilizations, events in history, etc.  I really like it for multiple reasons but it gets the kids (and me) up and moving and learning and it's free!  Just sign up using your email account and viola!




I promise you won't be sorry for doing either of these fun fitness activities.  Let's call it what it is, if it's not fun, I'm probably not going to do it... especially when it comes to working out ;o)

Sabra

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the Harry Potter workout. So awesome! I'm a potter fan too :-)
    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the HP workout!! We use Adventure to Fitness on rainy days, and the green beans love it. :)
    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete