Well this week has been a whirl wind but I have had so much fun! It ended today with Field Day and I am exhausted. Luckily we are going out with our best friends for dinner for my husband's birthday and they love/know we me well enough that when I'm not "all there" they will forgive me, lol. This week I'm linking up with DoodleBugs' Five for Friday and Teaching Maddeness' Friday Flashback. Let's recap the week shall we?
1. Testing is done!!! It was two weeks of fingernail biting but my kids worked SO hard and I am very proud of them. We tied it all up the day after with a surprise portion of FCAT... The "How to eat a donut" portion! I got this super cute idea from Joanne at Head Over Heels for Teaching and the kids LOVED it!
2. We finally completed our DonorsChoose thank you letters this week as well! We had four projects funded in March (which is AMAZING) therefore we had to write LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of letters for our generous donors. It feels nice to have that checked off the End of the Year To Do List.
3. It finally came in the mail! I ordered Word Nerds from Stenhouse Publishing and I am so excited to read it. I have skimmed through portions and read the first chapter online and I am already coming up with some great ideas for next year. My kids did a good job with vocabulary this year but only for the few weeks they needed to retain it... then it was gone. The two teachers who wrote this book have some phenomenal ideas about teaching vocabulary while your students actually enjoy it and retain it. I feel a summer book study coming on... Anyone interested?!
4. Here it is... May's Monthly Market Sneak Peek! The three topics we will be sharing about are Cinco de Mayo, Mother's Day and the End of the Year. Do you do anything special or funtastic for these three events? Is there an idea on Pinterest or TPT you're just dying to try? On May 1st head on back here to link up your ideas and see what everyone else has in mind for the month of May!
5. Sometimes I am in total teacher mode and am hyper aware of everything around me and other times not so much, lol. I was apparently in one of those "not so much" times this week and just noticed that I hit 200 Followers!!! I am so excited and would love to have a 200 Follower Giveaway with lots of wonderful goodies from me and my fellow bloggers. If you would like to participate please leave a comment and your email below!
Happy weekend y'all!