Image Map

Sunday, August 31, 2014

BIG NEWS!!!!!

Well I have been keeping a BIG secret from most everyone in the world!  I was finally given the okay to tell my kids at school and I wanted something original for my 4th graders to figure it out.  So I posed a bunch of riddles.  The last riddle in the bunch was this:
 
Mrs. S and her husband take a picture together.  There are three people in the picture.  How is this possible?
 
My kids came up with some pretty amazing answers!  We had the photographer, photo bomb, a shadow, and even a tree... yes a tree.  Have you figured the answer out??
 
 
After about a minute of guesses my kids finally came up my daughter or son, but then couldn't remember if I already had one or not.  I told them I would find out if it was a boy or girl in three weeks and you instantly saw the light bulbs!  Needless to say they were VERY excited!  Now I just need to figure out a cute way to reveal the gender to them.  Any ideas?!



14 comments:

  1. To reveal the gender to your students you should bake cupcakes, and fill with pink frosting if it is a girl, or blue frosting if it is a boy. Simply frost the top of the cupcake with white/chocolate frosting, and then your kiddos will have to take a bit to figure out if it is a boy or a girl.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats - that is a super cute way to tell your students!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS! How fun to share with your students!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!! I love the riddle idea!! So fun!!

    Rachel
    A Tall Drink of Water

    ReplyDelete
  5. My cousin recently had a gender reveal party. She had yellow cupcakes and when everyone took a bite (at the same time if course), there was pink cream in the middle. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about a box of appropriately coloured helium balloons, ready to pop out when the box is opened?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! If your school is like mine and you can't bring food, you could copy work on pink or blue paper OR only use a pink or blue marker that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I love the cupcake idea-filled with either pink or blue frosting. Super cute.
    Jamie
    Thrills in Third Grade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cupcakes are always a good idea with pink or blue icing inside. One of my daughter's friends had a regular packing box taped shut. When they opened it, it let off pink baloons ( helium filled) to tell that it was a girl. ( Blue for boys...) Kids would love to go outside and let off baloons.

    ReplyDelete